HOME :
   
 
 
546 Luce St.
Elmira, NY

Concourse

 

Outfield Wall

 

 

Photos taken July 2009
 

Dunn Field was once home to several teams from many leagues. It was named for Edward Joseph Dunn who donated the land for the park. The last affiliated team to play here was the Elmira Pioneers of the New York-Penn League. The city kept the "Pioneers" name for an independent league after the departure of the affiliated team which moved to Lowell, MA. When the Sussex Skyhawks began playing in Augusta, NJ in 2006, the Pioneers decided to call it quits because they were not doing well financially. The park is located along the banks of the Chemung River. There was once a park built here called Maple Avenue Driving Park that was then replaced by Recreation Park, which burned down in 1939. Inside the concourse is a picture of Don Zimmer and his wife on the pitcher's mound. Dunn Field was the site of Zimmer's wedding.

 

amanda@baseballstadiumreviews.com