601 Neece Dr.
Stadium Opened: 1955 (renovated in 1997)
Dimensions: LF- 312 ft. CF- 400 ft. RF- 319 ft.
Surface: Natural Grass
Former Names of Ballpark: Recreation Park
- Parking was $5....a little high
- parking lot next to the stadium
- menu with prices
- Value Meals: Tri-Tip Sandwich, pulled pork, Hamburger, meatball sandwich, chicken wrap and hot dogs
- Fritos Chilli Pie, Corn Dogs, Sausage, etc.
- Prices seem a bit high
- I expected to be blown away by the smell of roasting nuts when I walked into the park, and other than peanuts, there were no other nuts sold. I love the smell of those cinnamon flavored nuts roasting away. Mmmmm...... So my advice to the Nuts is to get some...Nuts.
Modesto Nuts' dugout is located on the First Base Side and the Visitors' team is located on the Third Base Side
Merchandise Shop in the concourse area behind home plate
Seating is a combination of fold down green seats, bucket seats, and bleachers with backs.
Very little structure to the stadium besides the ticket booths. The concession stands are located behind the seats under the grandstand.
Do NOT sit on the 3rd base side when going to a night game. The sun will be setting in your eyes until about the 4th inning, making it close to impossible to see.
Party Decks- located on the suite level on either side of the press box
Fun Zone Area available for kids
The Nuts have two mascots.....All the Almond and Wally the Walnut. I'm not usually a big mascot fan, but these guys are cute and unique.
When you attend a game at John Thurman Stadium, you'll be treated to a relaxed atmosphere which focuses on baseball. Minor League Baseball the way it's supposed to be! The stadium is nothing fancy, but it serves it's purpose well. Unfortunately, there was nothing memorable at the park. Despite the park having the simple atmosphere that I live, it is very forgettable. If it weren't for the unique mascots, I probably would remember nothing about this park.
Recognition of Team's History:
- Retired numbers and a Rockies logo on the right field wall
Origin of Team's Name:
The Modesto Nuts' name comes from the variety of nuts grown in the Modesto area.
Review based on game on 8/14/08