730 SW Jefferson Ave.
Stadium Opened: 2002
Dimensions: LF- 310 ft. CF- 400 ft. RF- 310 ft.
Surface: Natural Grass
Former Names of Ballpark: O'Brien Field
- The park is located in the downtown area so there are various choices for parking (over 3,000 parking spots available within 5 blocks of the park)
- Some lots cost as much as $5, a little pricey.
- Kettle Corn made on the premises
- The usual ballpark fare at five main concession stands (although, many were closed)
- Dippin Dots
Seating bowl with dark green fold-down seats with cupholders
Kids Play area behind batter's eye on outfield concourse...nice and hidden.
Picnic area in the oufield concourse
FanZone Gift Shop
Berm Area along base lines
Palm trees beyond the outfield wall
The game I attended had a very small crowd since it was 48 degrees out and windy so I don't think I got the full effect of the atmosphere at O'Brien Field. All the fans and workers were bundled up and didn't want to move. So, I experienced a very dull atmosphere.
Mascot: Homer, a fire chief.
Recognition of Team's History and/or MLB Affiliate:
- Several banners honoring former players (Joe Girardi, Mark Grace, Yadier Molina,)
- Sandberg Hall of Fame Suite
- Retired numbers on the outfield wall (Puckett, Dunne, and Schrall)
Pete Vonachen Statue in Concourse
Review is based on my visit on 4/10/09