Surface: Natural Grass
Dimensions: Left 330 ft. Center 395 ft. Right 330 ft.
Stadium Opened: 1962
Review is based on my visit on: August 12, 2008
Parking: Large parking lots surround the stadium- $15. Tailgating is NOT permitted in the parking lots. Before you go into the stadium, take a walk around the outside of the stadium. There are a lot of team shops, murals, etc. to look at. Also, depending on which level you have tickets for, you will need to enter at a specific gate.
- Appearance of concession stands on field level is remarkably better than on the other levels. The concession stands have a classy look to them on the field level concourse.
- Dodger Dog- $5
- Bottle of water $5.75
- Other food items include: Carls Jr., California Pizza Kitchen, Ruby's Diner, Wetzel's Pretzels, Chinese food, Philly cheese steak, etc.
- Fans are permitted to bring in sealed bottles of water no larger than 20 oz.
Atmosphere: Dodger Stadium has an atmosphere similar to Yankee Stadium. The fans are dedicated and are into the game from the 1st pitch to the final out. I thought it was a nice place to watch a game, but of course the beautiful weather may have had something to do with that.
- Beware that the Dodgers require fans to remaing on the level in which their seats are located. This is the reason, I don't have pictures from the upper deck or from any other level in the park. For the game I went to, I had field level seats and that is where I had to remain. The only explanation for this strict security could be that since we are close to Hollywood, they are trying to protect celebrities who might be sitting on field level. I can understand not wanting upper deck ticket holders to be roaming around field level, but I think the reverse is fine. I just wanted to take pictures from the upper deck but was not permitted to go up there.
- On the field level, fans can view the field from the concession stands
- Box seats along the first and third base lines have more leg room and a table. They have seating for four fans.
- Right Field All-You-Can-Eat Pavillion
- Several Team Stores located around the stadium
- Ribbon board on the facade of the Loge level
- Wavy roof atop bleachers with strobe lights (added in 1999) that flash when the Dodgers take the field, hit a homerun, or win a game.
- In 2005, all the seats were replaced
Overall Rating: 8.5
Questions? Comments? E-Mail me:firstname.lastname@example.org